Saturday 17 September 2011

I've Only Modelled Twice, And Only The First Time Was Real

So a few nights ago, I had a dream.

I dreamt I was a model in some sort of fashion show, only the catwalk was around this big rectangular pool of water, and the audience sat around that, and the models modelled around the audience, and it was outside. I was the very last model to go on, and when I did, I started walking but stumbled in my heels and fell. The shoes I was modelling were the exact same ones that were in my wardrobe - red vintage Mary Janes.

Anyway, I got up, took the shoes off, brushed myself down, and continued walking with the shoes in my hands, trying to display them to the audience. For some reason, as I reached every corner of the triangle, I would stop and do a funny little bow. And for some reason, Rupert Grint was in the audience. I have no idea why. I don't usually dream of people I don't know. Once Cedric Diggory was in a dream, but that was years and years ago, and he was killed by the baddie. But in a chivalric way.

As I finished my walk and returned backstage, everyone started clapping and cheering, because the fashion show had ended. I opened a window and leaned out to get some fresh air, and people saw me. A group of girls came up to the window, and started babbling, but I recognised one of the girls, who I have a Hero Crush on, from A Healthy Kind of Vanity. She opened her mouth to say something to me, and I knew that whatever she was about to say was going to be very, very important...

I woke up. It was one of the most disappointing dreams I've ever had. Well, the dream itself wasn't disappointing, just the fact that I didn't get to hear what the girl was going to say to me.

When I was getting dressed that morning, I considered wearing my red shoes, but decided against it. I was still very nervous around them.

2 comments:

Aoife. said...

I read somewhere that on average our dreams last less than 3 seconds. That always makes me feel v.intelligent when I remember a dream. Anyways, bloggers and the Grint and awesome shoes make for an awesome dream.

AND I HAVE NOT GOTTEN MY POTTERMORE EMAIL YET. Everyone seems to have it and I'm here like "guise? where's mine?" so yeh. Have you? If so, please no spoilers!

And David Mitchell is an actor/comedian/my spirit animal. He is sometimes on QI and writes the Peep Show. Youtube 'David Mitchell's soapbox' for an inside look into his awesomeness.

Sorry for the essay but it's nice to catch up :3

Minnie said...

Dreams can really mess with your head. A couple weeks ago, I had a dream that I was enrolled in a class I had just completely overlooked and missed for the first two weeks, and that meant I'd have to go to the professor and explain that I hadn't been there because I'd plain forgotten about the class for weeks, and I'd have to hope he didn't give me too many zeros for any quizzes I missed. I woke up and actually had to check my schedule to make sure it wasn't true. Yeah...=P