Thursday 19 August 2010

All Time Low Clear My Head

My blog is now read by four people who I know in real life.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

I mean, I'm immensely grateful for the support, don't go away! But as you will know by now, I don't like telling people stuff. I believe it shows vulnerability. I don't know why, but it must have been something to do with when I was a child, but I don't like showing vulnerability or weakness to anyone. Musings was a way I could vent my (edited) thoughts. I have a written diary, but that is a depressing place (even though the cover features pastel colours!), and I usually use it when I'm in school. And of course I use Musings to talk about music, and people I aspire to, and to improve my writing, etc.

And now, I be (pirate grammar!) in a strange situation.

A girl I know recently deleted her blog, saying that she wasn't comfortable with saying personal stuff to strangers. I can understand that, but I'd rather have strangers knowing my secrets than the old man living next door. And that's just it - I don't know how I can share personal stuff with people I know through the Internet, when the information isn't exclusively for them, and then, the next time we meet, have them forget what they read. Of course, the obvious situation would be that I don't share my feelings, but I can't not do that! Then blogging would be no fun. I'm just going to carry on like normal, in the hopes that I will keep Auto-Editing myself. But then, even if Musings was only read by a person in Finland, I would keep Auto-Editing myself, because this is the Internet! So what was the point of this post?

Here's a point: new video going up later today, I think. Thank you so much for the feedback on my Harry Potter one! Eight comments is my new record! If you want me to explain something else with Post-It notes in three minutes, drop it in the comments!

And now, a picture:

5 comments:

Ariella said...

I feel like that too, sometimes. One time I wrote some really personal stuff that I didn't want ANYONE that I know in real life to know, but my best friend is a reader, so she commented and that made me feel really weird.
And I tried to talk to my mom about it, but she just suggested I keep a diary, but I don't want that, because I actually want random internet people I don't know commenting and making me feel better!

Ariella said...

Oh, could you do the Artemis Fowl series in Post-Its? I love it SO much and it would be absoloutly HILARIOUS! :-)

Eleanor Roscuro said...

I'm trying to ignore the fact that I burst into tears when I read your second comment and say that YOU'RE ON!

YOU'RE ON!

september said...

A few people I know in real life used to read my blog in ancient times (2008) but now after a few tries I've decided to keep on the down low with my friends. Once a stalker from school found my blog (no idea how, I'd thought it was safe since the internet is huge) and posted it on facebook. The worst few weeks of my life. How about doing a shakespeare play in post-it notes? A Midsummer's Night's Dream or Hamlet or Macbeth would all be awesome (:

Eleanor Roscuro said...

Unwritten: Shakespeare? That's a brilliant suggestion!

YOU'RE ON!