Wednesday 21 July 2010

Inspiro-Girls - Leanne Woodfull

Like many others, I first heard of Leanne's blog Thunder + Threads in KISS magazine a few months ago. Since then, it's remained one of my most favourite blogs. Leanne is honest, witty, glamorous, fun, and really nice, really likable. And she knows what she's talking about when it comes to fashion, which is more than I can say for myself! Seriously, her passion is infectious, so come say hi!

*Describe yourself in five words.

creative, daydreamer, emotional, honest and diplomatic.

*Thunder + Threads is fantastic! What's it about and what inspired you to set it up?

Thank you! I started the blog last October, I wanted to have a space where I could share my thoughts and opinions with everyone - and I wanted to write about fashion.
The blog started off as solely a fashion blog, but over the months it has developed into quite a broad blog, I write about anything and everything!

*If you could return to a specific era in history, which would it be?

Certain era's appeal to me. I adore the Tudor, The Victorian and Georgian era's... but ideally, I would of loved to have been born in the 1930s. I would of experienced the best music, film, fashion and superstars there has ever been! Superstars back then were the real deal - they were famous for a talent. I think in the past few decades, we have lost that. Anyone and everyone can become famous these days. I would of also have liked to experienced the fashion - of course! My favourite fashion eras so to speak are the 40s, 50s and late 70s.

*What five songs would be essential to a Leanne Woodfull soundtrack?

Great question! These are a mix of my favourite songs and songs that have a lot of relevance to me. 1. Nobody's Home - Avril Lavigne. 2. Your Guardian Angel - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. 3. Fences - Paramore. 4. Thunder - Boys Like Girls. 5. Fast Car - Tracy Chapman

*What is your motto for life?

''No Regrets.''

*Who or what makes you jump-in-the-air happy?

Simple things really. My sisters, a genuine, compliment, seeing my family, food, school holidays, passing and doing well in exams, money, achievement and surprises.

*Quick-fire round! Your favourite... Book/Food/Movie/Shop/Website/City/Activity?

Book - The Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton or The Outsiders by S.E Hinton
Food - Sushi or Italian
Movie - This took me a while to narrow it down to one but I have to say, Mean Girls!
Website - Twitter probably, all websites seem to piss me off lately though haha!
City - London or Prague, they are both such dreams to be in.
Activity - I love daydreaming and laughing.

*The colour pink, discuss.

Not a favourite of mine - never has been. I wear it frequently, not on purpose though. I much prefer blue, turquoise and gold. I think pink can be tacky but some shades are quite lovely, like rose or reddy-pink.

*What advice would you give to anyone who wants to be a fashion blogger?

To write for yourself, not anyone else. Don't just write something because you think someone else will be interested in it, you have to be too.

1 comment:

Leanne Woodfull said...

thank you so much for all the lovely things you said :) chuffed!